Thursday, August 11, 2011

SLOW-ROASTED TOMATOES

Great tasting tomatoes.  Super simple.  Store well.  Can be used as a relish, side dish, or add to a main course for a little extra oompf.  I have already made these twice and have enjoyed them very much each time.  The first time it was just a simple side almost like a relish.  The second time we added it to pasta and enjoyed it this way as well.  It only took about 21/2 hours instead of the stated 3.  Both times were the same.  I used grape tomatoes and so they were smaller than regular cherry tomatoes and so probably accounts for the difference  in time   The second time I made it I brushed the tomatoes with oil instead of drizzling and it worked well.  It took very little salt.  I think I put too much on the 2nd time, but I still enjoyed it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment